Running a trucking company is a challenging endeavor. With rising costs and increasing government regulations, the last thing you want to worry about is your trucking insurance coverage. You need a partner who can help you determine which insurance alternatives best fit your needs, budget, and risk, as well as give you the dedicated service you need to make your business run smoothly.
Beehive Insurance understands the trucking industry and is here to help. We will tailor a program to fit your individual company. We work with the nation’s very best truck insurance companies to provide you the best value and coverage available. From small to large, local to long haul, hazardous materials to refrigerated food commodities and everything in between, we have a program to fit your trucking company.
Give us a chance to show you why so many top trucking companies trust Beehive Insurance with their trucking insurance program.
Occupational Accident Insurance
Beehive Insurance offers the opportunity to purchase Occupational Accident Insurance underwritten by ACE American Insurance Company. This coverage meets the requirements of Utah Labor Code and helps to provide valuable benefits and financial security when a work-related accident occurs. This is NOT Workers Compensation. The coverage is for accidents only and does NOT provide coverage for sickness.
A driver can be considered an independent contractor under Utah Labor Code if ALL of the following apply:
- The driver owns a motor vehicle or leases a motor vehicle to a motor carrier
- The driver personally operates the motor vehicle
- The motor carrier and driver have a written agreement confirming that the driver operates the vehicle as an independent contractor
- The motor carrier has a copy of a current workers compensation coverage waiver for the driver
- The motor carrier has proof that the driver has occupational accident insurance that provides disability, death, and medical benefits (hospital, surgical, prescription drug, and dental coverage)